Friday, February 12, 2010

Participating in a Yoga Class


As many of you know, I am a certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor and have dedicated my life to my practice for the past 6 years with all my heart.  Recently, I've found myself busy with performing, travelling and cooking that I've denied myself the time I need to nurture my body, mind and soul.  It's been a while since I've had my 1-2 hour session on a regular basis.  I've found I've replaced my Yoga practice with swimming and running, but I know that it's not enough.  So today, I found a local Yoga studio, grabbed my mat and dove in.  Advanced Vinyasa Yoga.  Oh boy!
There have been times in my life when I've desired to only practice on my own, no need for teachers and students alike to motivate my practice, but, I figured, since I can't seem to roll my mat out in my own living room, I needed to participate with society.
The class was excellent.  Breathing in sync with other bodies and allowing the teacher's words to guide my practice provided me with a sense of calm, safety and warmth.  I felt comfortable and was able to release myself deeply into my practice.  Moksha.
Yoga is such a wonderful way to break up the monotony of everyday life.  Allowing myself 1-2 hours to connect entirely with my presence is a true gift.  Checking in with how I am doing and where I am in my life can be revitalizing and reawakening.  It was a workout for my body, mind and soul.  I now feel refreshed, cleansed and motivated to live life better than yesterday.  It's a wonderful feeling.  I cannot wait to get back on my mat again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment