Monday, February 8, 2010

Past Enjoyment Re-Kindled


I arrived in DC today wondering what on earth I was doing here, after such a huge snow storm with another on its way.  The roads were a mess.  Literally, the "plowed" roads had at least a foot of snow on them, and they had had a full day since the snow stopped!  It's unbelievable.  I'm from New England, and clearly we know how to handle the snow in comparison to DC.  Something to remember next time I venture south in the winter.
With nothing else to do, my friends and I bundled up and headed in pursuit of snow playtime.  We borrowed a neighbors sled and made our way through the bumps and crevasses of the hardened snowy streets of DC to a colossal hill.  I was bubbling with delight at the thought of making my way down this challenging hill with a river to the right, a ditch to the left and a man hole and prickers at the end.  
I hopped on the slick sled with a friend and we flew down, straight over the bumps bruising our bottoms and straining our voices screaming and laughing down the frozen mound of earth and snow.  Running our legs into the ground as we briskly prance straight up the hill to race back down again.  What fun!    I have always loved sledding, and am excited to go again and again.  I feel like a little kid.

1 comment: