Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Taking a different route



I always go to the same beach to walk along the water in Orleans when I'm headed out from my house, so today I decided to make a change.  And what a gift it was.  I headed out to Chatham, to Lighthouse beach, a beach I had little interest going to because of how it looked on a map.  Silly, I know.  But I wasn't so interested in driving to the ocean to see a bay, since I already live on the bay side of the Cape.  When I got there, it was stunning.  I am ever grateful for this blog, because it pushed me to go a different way, have a new experience.  The drive brought my through the sophisticated town of Chatham, (which I am now excited to explore).  And the beach, oh the beach in Chatham, it has a beautiful white lighthouse, waves crashing far out on the national seashore sand dunes, waves crashing on the beach I was walking on and water rushing into and out of a small kettle pond the ocean created.  It was lovely, exciting and new.  So much to take in.  And on top of all this beauty, there was a distant fog horn singing a soft lullaby out to sea.  The sounds at this beach are music to my ears and the colors instilled in my heart.  I felt so much love for the chilled land beneath my pink rain boots and the icy grey water tumbling over the grainy brown sand.  Oh, and along the way, I found a couple rocks for my collection.   What a day.  Definitely recommend trying a new route.  Easily breaks up the monotony of everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment